Sunday, January 1, 2017

Obama: Serving as president the 'privilege of my life'

President Obama said on Sunday that it has “been the privilege of my life” to serve as the commander in chief while wishing the nation a happy new year on Twitter.

“It’s been the privilege of my life to serve as your President. I look forward to standing with you as a citizen. Happy New Year everybody,” Obama wrote.
Obama also detailed a list of his accomplishments throughout the last eight years.
“As we look ahead to the future, I wanted to take a moment to look back on the remarkable progress that you made possible these past 8 years,” he said.
He cited marriage equality, job growth, and his signature health legislation as his achievements while serving as president. “From realizing marriage equality to removing barriers to opportunity, we've made history in our work to reaffirm that all are created equal,” he wrote.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/312356-obama-serving-as-president-privilege-of-my-life

No comments: