Friday, January 15, 2016

You Asked, Hillary Clinton Answered

On Wednesday, we asked you to submit questions for Hillary Clinton. During her visit to the editorial board, she picked one of your questions from a hat to answer on camera. 
Transcript:
Hillary Clinton: Ta-da!
All right, here’s one.
From Lee: How will you achieve all women’s right to equal pay for equal work?
Well Lee, I’m going to enforce the equal pay laws that are already on the books. I’m going to use the Labor Department to send a very clear signal to employers that they’re going to be held accountable. I am going to make the Fair Check Pay- the Fair- the Paycheck Fairness Act a law of the land, something that I introduced and sponsored when I was in the Senate, and that I want to see come into fruition. And I’m going to do a lot through the Labor Department and myself personally to encourage women to speak up for themselves.
Then we’re going to be able to make the case: You have a right to find out what others who are doing the job you’re doing get paid. Right now, it could be a reason for getting fired, or other kind of retaliation on the job.
So we’re going to end that, and we’re going to get to equal pay for women’s work.
YOUR VIDEO WILL START IN 12 SECONDS

No comments: