Friday, November 20, 2015

Student Tells President Obama He Is 'Aging Toward a Very Senior Life'




  • President Obama is just 54 years old, but on Friday he found himself on his heels in front of an auditorium of laughing students when one accidentally jabbed him about his aging appearance.
    Obama was meeting with students at Taylor's University in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. One of the students was trying to ask the president about how to bridge differences between older and younger generations. His question, however, got off to a rocky start.
    “So the question that I want to ask you is, that since yourself is aging toward a very senior life,” the student said, pausing after roars of laughter erupted around him.
    After letting the student finish the rest of his question, Obama said, “The first thing I want from young people is to stop calling me old! Come on. You hurt my feelings!”
    Obama, who is on the final leg of a seven-day trip overseas, wound up explaining to the students that "we all get old," and acknowledged he was noticeably more gray than when he entered office in 2008.
    "Although I will tell you that I don’t dye my hair and a lot of my fellow leaders do," Obama said. "I’m just saying. I won’t say who, but their barbers know, their hairdressers.”

    No comments: