Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Chelsea Clinton: Hillary's testimony will be 'remarkable'


By NICK GASS

Hillary Clinton "will be remarkable" during her testimony before the House Select Committee on Benghazi later this week, Chelsea Clinton predicted Tuesday.
"I think every opportunity my mom has, she proves again and again why she should be our next president. I know I’m very biased, and I actually think I’m even more biased now as a mom than as a daughter because I feel like I have a different stake in the future because of my daughter, Charlotte," she said in an interview with "CBS This Morning." "And so, I have no doubt on Thursday she will ... be remarkable and that Americans will really see why I so strongly believe that she should be our next president."

 Clinton said she "mainly" talks about her daughter and family with her mother, not presidential politics.

"I think because she has so many advisers who know this terrain better than I do, but she only has one daughter and one granddaughter. And I want to create and protect that space for our family," she said. "I see my mother so much more now than before Charlotte."
Asked how she felt about constant criticism of her parents' political careers, Clinton said she has steeled herself over the years.
"I mean, I don’t remember a time when people weren’t attacking my parents. So in some ways, I think as I grew up I developed a thick skin. And I also know my mom, and I think it’s so much more important to look at what people do and how they lead their lives than what's happening in the echo chamber," she remarked. "And I certainly hope to teach that to my daughter, and I hope that that’s something that generally Americans are doing."
On the prospect of Vice President Joe Biden entering the race, Clinton demurred on what it would mean for her mother. "I don't know. I think we'll have to see," she said. "As my mom has said, that's very much up to the vice president."
Clinton, who has remained friends with Donald Trump's eldest daughter, Ivanka, said their relationship "is so much more important than anything that happens in politics."
"So you don't call her and say, 'could you ask your dad to stop talking?'" Clinton was asked by co-host Gayle King. "We don't talk about that," she responded.


Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/chelsea-clinton-react-hillary-clinton-benghazi-testimony-214949#ixzz3p8vlgwz2

No comments: