Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Chelsea Clinton Believes the More People Get to Know Hillary Clinton, the More They'll Like Her: 'My Mom Is My Hero'

BY LINDSAY KIMBLE


Chelsea Clinton is her mom's biggest fan – and she just doesn't understand why other's aren't on board for Hillary 2016

As Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's standing in the pollsfalls, daughter Chelsea still has hope. 

"I just continue to believe as more people see more of her [they] will come to know why I believe so strongly that she would make a great president and they will reach the same conclusions," Chelsea said during an interview on Today on Tuesday. 

While Chelsea admitted to obviously be "very biased toward my mom," she insisted that "I'm not a pundit, I'm a daughter."

"I love and admire my mom," she told Savannah Guthrie. "I know that she's talking about issues that are important to families across our country." 

Chelsea added that she believes Hillary's message is beginning to resonate with more Americans. 

"I believe as more and more Americans here from her, they'll come to know why I'm so proud to be my mother's daughter," she said. 

The 35-year-old, who called Hillary her "hero," was on the morning show to promote her new book It's Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired and Get Going!, a political and social cause guide geared toward 10 to 14-year-olds, according to the Associated Press

"When I talk to kids today, they're curious about the world around us," Chelsea told Guthrie. "I think they're more engaged than adults often think they are and they want to know what they can do." 
Chelsea said she was inspired to write the book by a similar one she read in her youth called 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth

"It had a big impact on me, it treated me seriously," she said. 

The new mom also said her parents challenging her to think about big issues as a child made her want to do the same in It's Your World

"The greatest gift that my parents gave me is to ask me what I care about," she said. "To expect me to have an opinion and to also expect me to make an argument to support whatever I thought the right answer was."

No comments: