Saturday, February 21, 2015

U.S. - Giuliani Just Can’t Keep his Mouth Shut





By James Turnage

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to a man who needs no introduction. He has been called many things, the latest of which is the male Sarah Palin. He has never earned any credibility as a politician, but he loves to be in the media. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the former Mayor of New York City, Rudy Giuliani, and I promise that he will be entertaining.’
I don’t agree with White House Spokesperson John Earnest all of the time, but I do in regards to Giuliani’s ridiculous statement Wednesday when he said that President Obama doesn’t love this country. I, too, feel sorry for Giuliani’s lack of intellect and any ability to support his outlandish statement.
On Thursday, although he faced ridicule from both sides of the aisle within the last 24 hours, he just couldn’t keep his mouth shut, just like the former half-governor of Alaska. He said he wasn’t sorry for the comment, and continues to support everything he said. Then he added that the reason the President doesn’t love the United States the way he does is because of the manner in which he was raised. Sadly, he is right. Mr. Obama was taught to question everything so that his decisions in life would be based on intellect rather than emotion and blind patriotism.
I do agree that the President doesn’t love his country the way some other political leaders did in the past. He hasn’t sent our military into unwinnable battles just to have thousands of them return in body bags; yet. He hasn’t chosen to allow his friends in the banking industry to rob America blind. He has helped millions of Americans acquire health insurance who may have suffered bankruptcy previously from catastrophic medical bills.
He says that Mr. Obama was not raised to recognize the ‘exceptionalism’ of America. Giuliani needs to watch the first episode of ‘The Newsroom.’ Jeff Daniels portrays a television journalist who is involved in a Q and A at a university. A young coed asks the panel why America is the ‘greatest country in the world.’ When Daniels, whose character is a self-proclaimed Republican, has his opportunity to speak he says ‘it’s not.’ He begins reciting a list of how far behind our nation is from other developed countries in education, caring for our poor, health insurance costs, standard of living, etc. etc. etc. The truth hurts.
To love one’s country means to love its people. The area within geographical boundaries, the monuments, and even the flag are not America. The people are what defines a nation, and his actions speak louder than Giuliani’s words; he cares about the majority of Americans, not Giuliani’s one-percent.
I have no party affiliation, and I never will. I don’t believe in political parties. This allows me to lambaste any politician who is deserving of my mockery and wrath. And when I go to the voting booth, I vote for the man or woman who I believe is the most qualified candidate. I don’t feel obliged to vote for an ‘R’ or a ‘D,’ or even and ‘I.’
When I read about Giuliani acting in ‘Palinesque’ fashion, I felt obligated to chastise him for his unqualified and misinformed statements. I’m not sure who will receive my derogatory comments tomorrow. We’ll just have to wait and see.

No comments: