Thursday, September 27, 2012

Christian parliamentarian threaten to migrate from Pakistan if security not ensured

Parliamentarian Saleem Khursheed Khokhar has submitted an application to the Hon’ble Chief Minister Sindh,the Inspector General of Police, Karachi, D. I. G. South, Karachi and SSP, Security Zone, Karachi for foolproof security.
The Hon’ble Chief Minister, Government of Sindh, Karachi. Excellency,
I would like to reiterate that my entire family members including my sons and daughters have been extended death threats and subjected to criminal harassment by the unknown extremists / terrorists to the extent that one of my sons namely Kalson Aamir Khokhar was kidnapped and brutally beaten up and was extended death threats by the unknown terrorists and militants. In this respect an FIR was lodged of his kidnapping in Police Station Gulshan-e-Iqbal Karachi. Thereafter the unknown terrorists attack my residence situated in Essa Nagri (Christian Colony), Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi of which I had already informed your Excellency and so far no arrest has been made. In this respect an FIR was lodged in Police Station PIB, Karachi. Soon after the aforesaid incident, the unknown militants / terrorists, once again attack the adjacent Church St. Luke’s, Church of Pakistan and my house was also attacked. In this incident, three young Christians Boys was brutally injured by gun shot of the unknown militants. In this respect an FIR was lodged in Police Station PIB, Karachi. As you are aware Sir, I have been extended death threats by the unknown extremists and terrorists of which an FIR has also been lodged in P. S. Clifton on the intervention of Law Minister, Government of Sindh. This is to inform you with heavy heart that one of my colleagues Mr. Atta Muhammad Malik, former MPA Sindh has been shot dead on 22-09-2012 in target killing by the unknown terrorist at Mehmoodabad. Since he was close associate of the undersigned and recently he participated in a Seminar and Press Conference along with me on forced conversions, forced marriages as well on problems of religious minorities in Sindh and Pakistan. It is also pertinent and mention here that four young Christians have also been shot dead by the terrorists at Essa Nagri, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi in the period of one month. In the recent past, Mr. Shahbaz Bhatti, Former Federal Minister on Minorities Affairs, Government of Pakistan was brutally murdered by the Militants at Islamabad who vocally voiced the grievances of religious minorities and similarly on 21-09-2012 my close colleague and former MPA Malik Muhammad Atta was shot dead as mentioned above, I and my family extremely feel in secure in the wake of death threats extended to me and my family. In this respect, I have been trying to meet with you personally to apprise you of this prevailing situation and i have also sent good numbers of letters to your good self, Federal Minister Interior, Government of Pakistan, Inspector General of Police Sindh, but so far fool proof security has not been provided to the undersigned as directed by the Hon’ble Chairman Pakistan Peoples Party Mr. Bilawal Bhutto Zardari. For the safety reasons, I am confined mostly within the four walls of my residence or I have to discretely leave the country for abroad so as to safe my and my family’s life and come back when required. It is humbly requested that the undersigned may please be given personal hearing and provide proper / fool proof security without further delay for which I shall be obliged. Looking forward to see you soon. With kind regards, Sincerely Yours, Saleem Khursheed Khokhar MPA Sindh President APMA Sindh Copy to: 1) The Inspector General of Police, I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi. 2) The D. I. G. South, Karachi. 3) The SSP, Security Zone, Karachi.

No comments: