Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Veena Malik : My marriage plans are jinxed

Pakistani model-turned-actress Veena Malik
was expected to find her prince charming on ‘Veena Ka Swayamvar’, but the reality show was aborted after the channel decided to shut down its operations. Veena says she is not upset as she knows that her marriage plans are doomed. “You know, my wedding dates have been getting ready ever since I was 14. My dad wanted me to get married since then. My parents tried to get me settled down four times and every time I backed out,” Veena said in an interview. She added, “But when ‘Swayamvar’ happened, my abu and my friends supported me a lot. When I was ready for it (marriage), it didn’t happen. I think my marriage plans are jinxed. It has been cancelled many a times.” After her stint on reality show ‘Bigg Boss’, ‘Veena Ka Swayamvar’ would have been her second Indian show. She was not shocked when she came to know that the show has been cancelled. “I was not surprised when I heard that the channel had shut down. I believe it happens in our lives. I am a very positive person,” said Veena who is said to be dating director Hemant Madhukar. She is working in his film ‘Mumbai 125 kms’. However, she admits her father was upset when the show didn’t happen. “If ‘Swayamvar’ would have happened, maybe I would have even gotten married. When it got cancelled, my dad was very upset. Something is wrong with my wedding. I don’t think I will ever get married,” she added. Veena came to limelight after her link-up with tainted Pakistani bowler Mohammad Asif. She rose to fame in India after appearing in the fourth season of controversial reality show ‘Bigg Boss’. During her stay in the Bigg Boss house, Veena was linked to Bollywood actor Ashmit Patel.

No comments: