Sunday, January 22, 2012

Veena Malik's horror film to release in May




Veena Malik,

who has been making headlines over the last few months, is now all set to star in a 3D horror film, Mumbai 125 KM. It’s being directed by Hemant Madhukar who has to his credit last year’s superhit Telugu movie, Vastadu Naa Raju. The film is expected this May.After a smashing hit many questioned my decision to make a Hindi 3D movie. But I haven’t forgotten Chota Chetan (1998) that I watched as a kid,” says Madhukar, who two years ago had directed another ghost story, A Flat (2010), that was a debacle.Mumbai 125 KM revolves around five friends who are stranded on a highway one dark night. The director refuses to divulge any details beyond this. All he promises is that it wil be a “treat” for audience.

The film also stars Vedita Pratap Singh and Karanveer Bohra, but Veena is undoubtedly the star. The Pakistani actor had created a flutter when she suddenly went missing.

Isn’t Madhukar taking a risk by casting the errant actor in his chiller-thriller? The director admits that when even though Veena fit the role to the T, he was hesitant about signing her. “But she promised me that she would give the challenging role her best shot. And after working with her, I’ve realised that she’s a dedicated actor,’ he says.“I’m sure people’s opinion of her will change after my film releases.”

It was recently reported by a Pakistani daily that Veena was having problems with Indian immigration officials, who had refused to process her visa following numerous controversies. Madhukar is not worried: “When I last spoke to her she said that she was returning to India in the first week of February. I am confident she will keep her promise.”

No comments: